Sunday I picked up Joseph from my moms and noticed him making a "startling motion", he only did it twice, I didnt think anything of it and that was it. As you can see, he was perfectly fine the night before. Well Monday came and I was being nosy on BabyCenter.com and a mom was talking about her son having these same motions and that they had diagnosed him with Infantile Spasms. I immediately started googling videos and Joseph was doing the same thing! We went to his pediatrician and she examined him, he of course didn't do it in front of him. She said if it got worse or he did it differently to go to the ER. Well we ended up in the ER at Children's Frisco by that night, they ended up transferring us to Children's Dallas because there is no Neuro team in Frisco.
Here we are arriving by ambulance to our very tiny room.
Over the next 3 days I would spend it locked in that room not leaving his side whatsoever, Daniel couldnt stay with us cause it was such a tiny room and there was no where for him to sleep so the first night he went and stayed with a friend. When he missed all the doctors that next morning he was upset so the next night he slept on a very tiny couch in the hallway. We got an EEG done and then an MRI. It was very scary. Here are some more pictures from that day. He is now on Topamax 2 times a day. He has now been seizure free for 4 weeks. It has been an adventure but we are embracing these days as they come and learning from each one.



No comments:
Post a Comment